MariaDB 10.4.21 Release Notes
Release date: 6 Aug 2021
MariaDB 10.4 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- InnoDB no longer acquires advisory file locks by default (MDEV-24393)
- Encryption: Automatically disable key rotation checks for file_key_management plugin (MDEV-14180)
- Some fixes from MySQL 5.7.35 (MDEV-26205)
- A query that uses ORDER BY .. LIMIT clause and "Range checked for each record optimization" could produce incorrect results under some circumstances (MDEV-25858)
- Queries that have more than 32 equality conditions comparing columns of different tables ("tableX.colX=tableY.colY) could cause a stack overrun in the query optimizer (MDEV-17783, MDEV-23937)
- "Condition pushdown into derived table" optimization cannot be applied if the expression being pushed refers to a derived table column which is computed from expression that has a stored function call, @session variable reference, or other similar construct. The fix for MDEV-25969 makes it so that only the problematic part of the condition is not pushed. The rest of the condition is now pushed. (MDEV-25969)
- A query with window function on the left side of the subquery could cause a crash. (MDEV-25630)
Packaging & Misc
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for Ubuntu 20.10 Groovy
- Galera updated to 26.4.9
MongoDB protocol support files for the CONNECT engine are missing in this release.
If you want to use CONNECT engine with MongoDB, you need to download
Mongo2.jar or Mongo3.jar and put a path to this file into the
connect_class_path in the
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.