MariaDB 10.4.26 Release Notes
Release date: 15 Aug 2022
MariaDB 10.4 is a previous stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- InnoDB corruption due to lack of file locking (MDEV-28495)
- FULLTEXT search with apostrophe, and mandatory words (MDEV-20797)
- ALTER TABLE IMPORT TABLESPACE corrupts an encrypted table (MDEV-28779)
- ALTER TABLE wrong-result fix (MDEV-26294)
- ER_SLAVE_INCIDENT error is specified now on slave to be seen with SHOW-SLAVE-STATUS (MDEV-21087)
- INCIDENT_EVENT is no longer binlogged when a being logged transaction can be safely rolledback (MDEV-21443)
- sequences related row-format events are made to correspond to binlog_row_image (MDEV-28487)
- Possible to write/update with read_only=ON and not a SUPER privilege (MDEV-28546)
- Node crashes with Transport endpoint is not connected mysqld got signal 6 (MDEV-25068)
- Galera4 not able to report proper wsrep_incoming_addresses (MDEV-20627)
- Server crash in JOIN_CACHE::free or in copy_fields (MDEV-23809)
- Queries that use DISTINCT and an always-constant function like COLLATION(aggegate_func(...)) could cause a server crash. Note that COLLATION() is a special function - its value is constant even if its argument is not costant.
- Crash when using ANY predicand with redundant subquery in GROUP BY clause (MDEV-29139)
- A query with a subuquery in this form could cause a crash:
... ANY (SELECT ... GROUP BY (SELECT redundant_subselect_here)) ...
- MariaDB Server SEGV on INSERT .. SELECT (MDEV-26427)
- Certain queries in form "INSERT ... SELECT with_aggregate_or_window_func" could cause a crash.
- restore_prev_nj_state() doesn't update cur_sj_inner_tables correctly (MDEV-28749)
- Subquery semi-join optimization could miss LooseScan or FirstMatch strategies for certain queries.
- Optimizer uses all partitions after upgrade to 10.3 (MDEV-28246)
- For multi-table UPDATE or DELETE queries, the optimizer failed to apply Partition Pruning optimization for the table that is updated or deleted from.
- New mysql client option,
-enable-cleartext-plugin. Option does not do anything, and is for MySQL-compatibility purposes only.
- Crash in JSON_EXTRACT (MDEV-29188)
- ALTER TABLE ALGORITHM=NOCOPY does not work after upgrade (MDEV-28727)
- Server crash upon CREATE VIEW with unknown column in ON condition (MDEV-29088)
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for Debian 10 "Buster" for ppc64el
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.