MariaDB 10.4.3 Release Notes
The most recent release of MariaDB 10.4 is:
MariaDB 10.4.29 Stable (GA) Download Now
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.4
Release date: 25 Feb 2019
MariaDB 10.4 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
MariaDB 10.4.3 is a Release Candidate release.
Do not use non-stable (non-GA) releases in production!
For an overview of MariaDB 10.4 see the What is MariaDB 10.4? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- MDEV-12484: The unix_socket authentication plugin is now default on Unix-like systems, which is a major change to authentication in MariaDB
- MDEV-11340: Allow multiple alternative authentication methods for the same user
- MDEV-7597: User password expiry
- MDEV-6111: Implementation of the optimizer trace, one can enable the optimizer trace by enabling the system variable optimizer_trace
- Temporal tables extended with support for application-time periods (MDEV-16973, MDEV-16974, MDEV-16975, MDEV-17082)
- MDEV-18551: The default for eq_range_index_dive_limit is now
- MDEV-17903: The optimizer switch flag
optimize_join_buffer_sizenow defaults to
- New optimizer switch flags
- MDEV-18439: core_file on Windows now defaults to
- MDEV-18608: Histograms are now collected by default.
- MDEV-13916: The JSON_VALID function is automatically used as a CHECK constraint for the JSON data type alias in order to ensure that a valid json document is inserted
- Spider updated to 3.3.14
- Unique indexes can be created on BLOB or TEXT fields (MDEV-371)
- MDEV-18564: wsrep_load_data_splitting is deprecated and now set to
- analyze_sample_percentage system variable
- InnoDB ALTER TABLE fixes: MDEV-18222, MDEV-18256, MDEV-18016, MDEV-18295, MDEV-16849, MDEV-18219
- Mariabackup fixes: MDEV-18194, MDEV-18415, MDEV-18611
- New InnoDB features:
- MDEV-12026: Implement innodb_checksum_algorithm=full_crc32
- MDEV-15563: More Instant VARCHAR extension
- MDEV-15564: Instant collation or charset changes for non-indexed columns
- MDEV-16188: Use in-memory PK filters built from range index scans
- Debian has stopped supporting the ppc64el architecture for Debian 8 Jessie and so this is the last release of MariaDB 10.4 on Jessie for that architecture
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.4.3, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.4.3, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.