MariaDB 10.4.3 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.4. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
MariaDB 10.4 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.4 see the What is MariaDB 10.4? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- MDEV-12484: The unix_socket authentication plugin is now default on Unix systems, which is a major change to authentication in MariaDB
- MDEV-6111: Implementation of the optimizer trace, one can enable the optimizer trace by enabling the system variable optimizer_trace.
- MDEV-18551: The default for eq_range_index_dive_limit is now
- MDEV-17903: The optimizer switch flag
optimize_join_buffer_sizenow defaults to
- MDEV-18439: core_file on Windows now defaults to
- MDEV-18608: Histograms are now collected by default.
- MDEV-13916: The JSON_VALID function is automatically used as a CHECK constraint for the JSON data type alias in order to ensure that a valid json document is inserted
- MDEV-18564: wsrep_load_data_splitting is deprecated and now set to
- InnoDB ALTER TABLE fixes: MDEV-18222, MDEV-18256, MDEV-18016, MDEV-18295, MDEV-16849, MDEV-18219
- Mariabackup fixes: MDEV-18194, MDEV-18415, MDEV-18611
- New InnoDB features:
- MDEV-12026: Implement innodb_checksum_algorithm=full_crc32
- MDEV-15563: More Instant VARCHAR extension
- MDEV-15564: Instant collation or charset changes for non-indexed columns
- MDEV-16188: Use in-memory PK filters built from range index scans
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.