MariaDB 10.4.5 Release Notes
Release date: 21 May 2019
MariaDB 10.4 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Do not use non-stable (non-GA) releases in production!
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- New mysqlimport option,
- Setting sql_mode to
MSSQLimplements a limited subset of Microsoft SQL Server's language. See SQL_MODE=MSSQL (MDEV-19142).
- Add CAST(expr AS FLOAT) (MDEV-16872).
- List of slave transaction errors that will result in a retry rather than a halt (slave_transaction_retry_errors) have been increased by default, assisting Spider setups to be more robust (MDEV-16543).
- MDEV-15458 - Segfault in heap_scan() upon UPDATE after ADD SYSTEM VERSIONING
- MDEV-19235 - MariaDB Server compiled for 128 Indexes crashes at startup
- Merge InnoDB changes from MySQL 5.6.44 and 5.7.26
- Fixes of corruption or crashes: MDEV-19241, MDEV-13942, MDEV-19385, MDEV-16060, MDEV-18220, MDEV-17540
- InnoDB recovery fixes and speedup: MDEV-12699, MDEV-19356
- MDEV-14398 - innodb_encrypt_tables will work even with innodb_encryption_rotate_key_age=0
- MDEV-19490 show tables fails when selecting the information_schema database
- MDEV-19407 - Assertion `field->table->stats_is_read' failed in is_eits_usable
- New status variable, Aborted_connects_preauth, that records the number of connection attempts that were aborted prior to authentication (MDEV-19277).
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this is the last release of MariaDB 10.4 for Fedora 28
- Packages and a repository for Fedora 30 and Ubuntu 19.04 "disco" have been added with this release, visit the Repository Configuration Tool for instructions on adding the repository
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.