MariaDB 10.4.6 Release Notes
Release date: 18 Jun 2019
With this release, MariaDB 10.4 is now the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.3 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- MariaDB Server is now statically linked with the bundled wolfSSL library in MSI and ZIP packages on Windows, as well as in .deb packages provided by Debian's and Ubuntu's default repositories (MDEV-18531).
- See TLS and Cryptography Libraries Used by MariaDB for more details.
- MariaDB Named Commands (MDEV-17591)
- System-versioned tables: MDEV-19486
- Galera: MDEV-17458
- Virtual columns: MDEV-19027, MDEV-19602
- Recovery: MDEV-19541, MDEV-19587, MDEV-19435
- Encryption: MDEV-19509, MDEV-19695
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.