MariaDB 10.5.2 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.5. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
MariaDB 10.5 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- RELEASE_ALL_LOCKS (MDEV-10569)
- ALTER TABLE ... RENAME INDEX / KEY (MDEV-7318)
- ALTER TABLE ... RENAME COLUMN (MDEV-16290)
- Recursive CTE cycle detection using CYCLE clause (MDEV-20632)
- Split SUPER privilege to smaller privileges (MDEV-21743). New privileges were added so that more fine grained tuning of what each user can do could be applied.
- SET USER
- FEDERATED ADMIN
- CONNECTION ADMIN
- READ_ONLY ADMIN
- BINLOG ADMIN
- BINLOG REPLAY
- REPLICATION SLAVE ADMIN
- REPLICATION MASTER ADMIN
- In order to help the server understand which version a privilege record was written by, the mysql.global_priv.priv field contains a new JSON field,
- SHOW PRIVILEGES now correctly lists the
Delete historyprivilege, rather than displaying it as
Delete versioning rows. (MDEV-20382)
- Efficient InnoDB redo log record format (MDEV-12353)
- Deprecate and ignore innodb_scrub_log and innodb_scrub_log_speed (MDEV-21870)
- Deprecate and ignore innodb_log_files_in_group (MDEV-14425)
- Merge 5.7 P_S transaction instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16435)
- Merge 5.7 P_S memory instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16431)
- Merge 5.7 P_S mdl instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16432)
- Merge 5.7 P_S sxlocks instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16436)
- Merge 5.7 P_S user variables instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16439)
- Merge 5.7 P_S [show] status instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16438)
- Merge 5.7 P_S ps instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16433)
- Merge 5.7 P_S sp instrumentation and tables (MDEV-16434)
- All binaries previously beginning with
mysqlnow begin with
mariadb, with symlinks for the corresponding
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.