MariaDB 10.5.3 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.5. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
MariaDB 10.5 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Notable changes of this release include:
- Application period tables: WITHOUT OVERLAPS (MDEV-16978)
- Introduce a file format constraint to ALTER TABLE (MDEV-20590)
- Modernise Linux Large Page support (multiplesizes) (MDEV-18851)
- Partitioned S3 tables are discoverable. This means that if you create a partitioned S3 table, both the partitioned table and its partitions can be directly used by another server that has access to the S3 storage. (MDEV-22088)
- Use MariaDB in error messages instead of MySQL (MDEV-17812)
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.