MariaDB 10.5.4 Release Notes
Release date: 24 Jun 2020
MariaDB 10.5 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This is the first Stable (GA) release in the MariaDB 10.5 series.
- This release of MariaDB Server includes the S3 storage engine. Note, that plugins have independent maturity levels and S3 storage engine in 10.5.4 has Alpha maturity.
- This release of MariaDB Server includes the MariaDB ColumnStore storage engine. Note, that plugins have independent maturity levels and MariaDB ColumnStore in 10.5.4 has Beta maturity.
- New Gamma version of the Spider Storage Engine, 3.3.15.
- DROP TABLE now reliably deletes table remnants inside a storage engine even if the .frm file is missing
crc32()function for AMD64, ARMv8, POWER 8 (MDEV-22669)
- Lots of bug fixes, see the changelog.
- Limit innodb_encryption_threads to 255 (MDEV-22258).
- Minimum value of max_sort_length raised to 8 (previously 4) so fixed size data types like DOUBLE and BIGINT are not truncated for lower values of max_sort_length (MDEV-22715).
- DROP TABLE improvements: MDEV-8069, MDEV-11412, MDEV-22456
- InnoDB Performance improvements: MDEV-15053, MDEV-22593, MDEV-22697, MDEV-22871, MDEV-22841
Be notified of new MariaDB Server, Galera Cluster and Connector releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.