MariaDB 10.5.7 Release Notes
Download 10.5.7 Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.5
Release date: 3 Nov 2020
MariaDB 10.5 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.5 see the What is MariaDB 10.5? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This release introduced an InnoDB data corruption bug (MDEV-24096). If any InnoDB tables contain indexed virtual columns or unique indexes on BLOB or TEXT columns, any InnoDB tables or tablespaces may become irreparably corrupted.
- Improved write performance (MDEV-23399, MDEV-23855, MDEV-24037)
- MDEV-18323 It is now possible to upgrade from MySQL 5.7 Tables containing JSON, by loading the MYSQL_JSON datatype plugin first. See Making MariaDB understand MySQL JSON.
- Update S3 engine to maturity Gamma
- mariadbd --temp-pool option deprecated and defaulted to zero (MDEV-22278)
- BLACKHOLE Storage Engine maximum index size increased from 1000 to 3500 bytes (MDEV-24017)
- Calculating (auto rounding) issue (MDEV-23702)
- Temporary tables can no longer overwrite existing files. Instead an error is returned should a conflict occur (MDEV-23569)
- Binlog checksum verification at recovery time (MDEV-23832)
- Verbose print-out of Geometry types by mysqlbinlog (MDEV-22330)
- SHOW BINLOG EVENTS from <pos> validates <pos> when binlog checksummed (MDEV-21839)
- Freeing memory of replicate_do_table (MDEV-23534)
- Corrected verbose mysqlbinlog output for multi-record Rows-log-event (MDEV-16372)
- SET GLOBAL replicate_do_db = DEFAULT no longer causes crash (MDEV-20744)
- User killed queries that were running an index condition pushdown in InnoDB will now return an error (MDEV-23938)
- Wrong direxec param data caused crash; Numerous fixes about Mac builds (by Dmitri Shulga) (MDEV-19838)
- server_audit plugin now logs proxy users (MDEV-19443)
- Crash on
SELECTon a table with indexed virtual columns (MDEV-18366)
- InnoDB updated to 5.7.32 (MDEV-23989)
- Bug fixes related to adaptive hash index (MDEV-23452, MDEV-23370)
- Fixed a bug in the recovery of encrypted tables (MDEV-23456)
- Fixed a race condition in MVCC reads (MDEV-22924)
- ALTER TABLE fixes (MDEV-22277, MDEV-22939, MDEV-23199, MDEV-23356, MDEV-23499, MDEV-23672, MDEV-23685, MDEV-23722)
- Diskspace not reused for BLOB in data file (MDEV-23072)
- InnoDB: Failing assertion:
maria_create()because of double free (MDEV-23222)
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE .. LIKE(system versioned table) returns error if unique index is defined in the table (MDEV-23968)
- Error upon querying the view, that selecting from versioned table with partitions (MDEV-23779)
CREATE .. SELECTwrong result on join versioned table (MDEV-23799)
- Parser fix (MDEV-23094)
- Add CRC-32 code to
mysys, giving notable speedup in checksum calculation on x64 (MDEV-19935)
- Faster CRC-32C checksum calculations (MDEV-23495, MDEV-22749)
- Fixes to potential corruption bugs (MDEV-23973, MDEV-24054)
- Fixed delayed replication with S3 storage engine slave (MDEV-23691)
- Deadlock between
BACKUP STAGE BLOCK_COMMITand parallel replication (MDEV-23586)
S3 Storage Engine
- Update S3 engine to maturity Gamma
- Add the s3_use_http and s3_port system variables
- Galera wsrep library updated to 26.4.6
- Fixed assertion failure on before_commit (MDEV-22681)
- Fixed assertion after ROLLBACK AND CHAIN (MDEV-22055)
- Fixed replication of DROP TRIGGER (MDEV-23638)
- IPv6 SST handling improved (MDEV-21770, MDEV-23576, MDEV-23580, MDEV-23581, MDEV-23574)
- Fixed SIGSEGV in lock_rec_unlock (MDEV-23101)
- Fixed replication of timezone if only 1 timezone is loaded (MDEV-22626)
- Fixed replication of CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER (MDEV-21578)
- Fixed SST FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK timeout (MDEV-22543)
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.5 for CentOS/RHEL 6 and Fedora 31
- Packages for Ubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" added
- Packages for Debian 10 "buster" arm64 and ppc64el added
- Packages for Debian 9 "stretch" arm64 added
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.5.7, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.