MariaDB 10.5.7 Release Notes
Download Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.5
Alternate download from mariadb.org
Release date: 3 Nov 2020
MariaDB 10.5 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.5 see the What is MariaDB 10.5? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-18323 It is now possible to upgrade from MySQL 5.7 Tables containing JSON, by loading the MYSQL_JSON datatype plugin first.
- BLACKHOLE Storage Engine maximum index size increased from 1000 to 3500 bytes (MDEV-24017)
- Calculating(auto rounding) issue (MDEV-23702)
- Named pipe permission issue (MDEV-24040)
- Temporary tables can overwrite existing files (MDEV-23569)
- Binlog checksum verification at recovery time (MDEV-23832)
- Verbose print-out of Geometry types by
SHOW BINLOG EVENTSfrom <pos> validates <pos> when binlog checksummed (MDEV-21839)
- Freeing memory of
- Corrected verbose
mysqlbinlogoutput for multi-record Rows-log-event (MDEV-16372)
SET GLOBAL replicate_do_db = DEFAULTdoes not crash (MDEV-20744)
- Wrong direxec param data caused crash; Numerous fixes about Mac builds (by Dmitri Shulga) (MDEV-19838)
- server_audit plugin doesn't log proxy users (MDEV-19443)
- Crash on
SELECTon a table with indexed virtual columns (MDEV-18366)
- Windows 10 MSI installer (MDEV-22743)
- InnoDB updated to 5.7.32 (MDEV-23989)
- Bug fixes related to adaptive hash index (MDEV-23452, MDEV-23370)
- Fixed a bug in the recovery of encrypted tables (MDEV-23456)
- Fixed a race condition in MVCC reads (MDEV-22924)
ALTER TABLEfixes (MDEV-22277, MDEV-22939, MDEV-23199, MDEV-23356, MDEV-23499, MDEV-23672, MDEV-23685, MDEV-23722)
- Diskspace not reused for BLOB in data file (MDEV-23072)
- InnoDB: Failing assertion:
maria_create()because of double free (MDEV-23222)
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE .. LIKE(system versioned table) returns error if unique index is defined in the table (MDEV-23968)
- Error upon querying the view, that selecting from versioned table with partitions (MDEV-23779)
CREATE .. SELECTwrong result on join versioned table (MDEV-23799)
- Parser fix (MDEV-23094)
- mariadbd --temp-pool option deprecated and defaulted to zero (MDEV-22278)
- Add CRC-32 code to
mysys, giving notable speedup in checksum calculation on x64 (MDEV-19935)
- Faster CRC-32C checksum calculations (MDEV-23495, MDEV-22749)
- Improved write performance (MDEV-23399, MDEV-23855, MDEV-24037)
- Fixes to potential corruption bugs (MDEV-23973, MDEV-24054)
- Fixed delayed replication with S3 storage engine slave (MDEV-23691)
- Deadlock between
BACKUP STAGE BLOCK_COMMITand parallel replication (MDEV-23586)
- Update S3 engine to maturity Gamma
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.5 for CentOS/RHEL 6 and Fedora 31
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.5.7, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.