MariaDB 10.5.9 Release Notes
Release date: 22 Feb 2021
Last month long-time MariaDB VP of Engineering, Rasmus Johansson, passed due to complications from cancer. His loss has been felt keenly by the whole MariaDB team. Our thoughts are with his family during this difficult time and this release is dedicated to his memory.
MariaDB 10.5 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.4 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-24188 - Hang in
buf_page_create()after reusing a previously freed page
- MDEV-24275 - InnoDB persistent stats analyze forces full scan forcing lock crash
- MDEV-24449 - Corruption of system tablespace or last recovered page
- MDEV-24109 - InnoDB hangs with innodb_flush_sync=OFF
- MDEV-24537 - innodb_max_dirty_pages_pct_lwm=0 lost its special meaning
- Fixed bugs in the handling of freed pages - MDEV-24569, MDEV-24695, MDEV-24765, MDEV-24864
- MDEV-12227 - Defer writes to the InnoDB temporary tablespace
- Galera updated to 26.4.7
- MDEV-23328 - Server hang due to Galera lock conflict resolution
- MDEV-23851 - BF-BF Conflict issue because of UK GAP locks
- MDEV-20717 - Plugin system variables and activation options can break mysqld --wsrep_recover
- MDEV-24469 - Assertion
active() == falsefailed with "XA START.."
- MDEV-23647 - Garbd can't initiate SST anymore in 10.5
- wsrep_provider and wsrep_notify_cmd system variables are now read-only
- MDEV-8134 - relay-log is corrected to rotate past 999999
- MDEV-23033 - fixed slave applier for row-based events with FK constraints on virtual columns
- MDEV-4633 - Relay_Log_Space of Show-Slave-Status is made thread-safe
- MDEV-10272 - add master host/port info to slave thread exit messages
- MDEV-23846 - improves mysqlbinlog error message issuing
- MDEV-24087 - replication of S3 ALTER PARTITION corrected
- MDEV-23610 - New privilege REPLICA MONITOR (also accessible as SLAVE MONITOR)
- MariaDB ColumnStore updated to 5.5.1
- MariaDB ColumnStore deb and rpm packages now have a version of
10.5.9-5.5.1so one can see both the server version (10.5.9) and the plugin version (5.5.1) without needing to check the Available Versions table in the ColumnStore docs
- The MariaDB ColumnStore plugin is no longer provided for 32-bit x86 (i386) builds
- MariaDB is fixed to build on the Apple M1 CPU
- MariaDB is fixed to build on AIX
- MDEV-24122 - anomalies in mysql.user tables on previously 5.7 MySQL versions corrected
- MDEV-24093 - Detect during mysql_upgrade if
type_mysql_json.sois needed and load it
- Binary tarballs now use WolfSSL v4.6.0 and pcre2-10.36
- MDEV-23630 - mysqldump --system option
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.