MariaDB 10.6.0 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB 10.6. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the features. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This will be the first alpha release in the MariaDB 10.6 series.
Notable changes of this release include:
- Make InnoDB's COMPRESSED row format read-only by default (MDEV-23497)
- Information Schema SYS_TABLESPACES now directly reflects the filesystem, and SYS_DATAFILES has been removed (MDEV-22343)
- Defer writes to the InnoDB temporary tablespace (MDEV-12227)
- ROWNUM function returns the current number of accepted rows in the current context (MDEV-24089)
- Do not resend unchanged resultset metadata for prepared statements (MDEV-19237)
- wsrep_mode variable for turning on WSREP features which are not part of default behavior.
- wsrep_strict_ddl has been deprecated. Use wsrep_mode=STRICT_REPLICATION instead.
The following deprecated variables have been removed (MDEV-23397):
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.