MariaDB 10.6.4 Release Notes
Release date: 6 Aug 2021
Warning: This version can cause InnoDB file corruption on FreeBSD and on AIX. Stick to an earlier release, or upgrade to a more recent release, if you are running either of these environments. See MDEV-26537.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- InnoDB no longer acquires advisory file locks by default (MDEV-24393)
- Encryption: Automatically disable key rotation checks for file_key_management plugin (MDEV-14180)
- Some fixes from MySQL 5.7.35 (MDEV-26205)
- Fixed scrubbing on AIX (MDEV-26110)
- buf_pool.flush_list corrupted by buffer pool resizing or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED (MDEV-26200)
- A query that uses ORDER BY .. LIMIT clause and "Range checked for each record optimization" could produce incorrect results under some circumstances (MDEV-25858)
- Queries that have more than 32 equality conditions comparing columns of different tables ("tableX.colX=tableY.colY) could cause a stack overrun in the query optimizer (MDEV-17783, MDEV-23937)
- "Condition pushdown into derived table" optimization cannot be applied if the expression being pushed refers to a derived table column which is computed from expression that has a stored function call, @session variable reference, or other similar construct. The fix for MDEV-25969 makes it so that only the problematic part of the condition is not pushed. The rest of the condition is now pushed. (MDEV-25969)
- A query with window function on the left side of the subquery could cause a crash. (MDEV-25630)
- Fixed the issue fixed in MySQL Bug #76803: DML or locking SELECT statements
that use outer joins could produce this warning in the error log:
[ERROR] InnoDB: Unlock row could not find a 3 mode lock on the record.(MDEV-26106)
Packaging & Misc
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.6 for Ubuntu 20.10 Groovy
- Debian 11 Bullseye repositories added
- Galera updated to 26.4.9
- Linux on IBM Z (s390x) architecture added with releases on Ubuntu-20.04 Focal
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.