MariaDB 10.6.5 Release Notes
Release date: 8 Nov 2021
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- Linux after kernel version 5.10 has a io-uring regression causing a write to storage to be lost, or not acknowledged. As such innodb_use_native_aio will default to 0 (off) until 5.16. If innodb_use_native_aio is enabled in your configuration, a warning will be logged, however it will continue with the io-uring enabled, potentially resulting in a hang, or an assertion later. The long term support kernel 5.14.14 we haven't observed failures, and 5.15.0-rc7 failures have been observed, though less frequently. If you have innodb_use_native_aio explicitly enabled, and are using watch out for a lack of InnoDB updates followed by a 10 minute timeout. See MDEV-26674 for details.
ALTER TABLE…IMPORT TABLESPACEfixes (MDEV-18543, MDEV-20931, MDEV-26131, MDEV-26621)
innodb_undo_log_truncatefixes (MDEV-26445, MDEV-26450, MDEV-26672, MDEV-26864)
- Page I/O performance fixes (MDEV-25215, MDEV-26547, MDEV-26626, MDEV-26819)
- Replication timeouts with
- Improved DDL and data dictionary (MDEV-25919)
- Performance fixes (MDEV-26356, MDEV-26467, MDEV-26826)
- Memory hogging on slave by ROW event applier is eliminated (MDEV-26712)
mysql --binary-modenow properly handles
in data (MDEV-25444)
- Fixes race condition between
SHOW BINARY LOGSand
- Missed statement rollback in case transaction drops or create temporary table is corrected (MDEV-26833)
QUERY_DDLserver_audit_events setting now logs
CREATE/DROP [PROCEDURE / FUNCTION / USER]statements. See MariaDB Audit Plugin - Log Settings. (MDEV-23457)
Packaging & Misc
- Session tracking flag in OK_PACKET (MDEV-26868)
- Some views force server (and mysqldump) to generate invalid SQL for their definitions (MDEV-26299)
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.