MariaDB 10.7.4 Release Notes
Download 10.7.4 Release Notes Changelog Overview of 10.7
Release date: 20 May 2022
MariaDB 10.7 is the current short-term maintenance stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.6 with several entirely new features.
MariaDB 10.7.4 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB 10.7 see the What is MariaDB 10.7? page.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- innodb_disallow_writes removed (MDEV-25975)
- InnoDB gap locking fixes (MDEV-20605, MDEV-28422)
- InnoDB performance improvements (MDEV-27557, MDEV-28185, MDEV-27767, MDEV-28313, MDEV-28137, MDEV-28465, MDEV-26789)
- Backup regression fixes (MDEV-27919)
- InnoDB portability: FreeBSD futexes (MDEV-26476), POWER and s390x transactional memory (MDEV-27956)
- ALTER TABLE: Fixed bogus duplicate key errors (MDEV-15250)
- DDL and crash recovery fixes (MDEV-27274, MDEV-27234, MDEV-27817)
- Requests to recalculate persistent statistics were sometimes lost (MDEV-27805)
- Semisync-slave server recovery is refined to correctly rollback prepared transaction (MDEV-28461)
- Circular semisync setup endless event circulation is handled (MDEV-27760)
- Semisync-slave server recovery is extended to work on new server_id server (MDEV-27342)
- Server initialization time gtid_slave_pos purge related reason of crashing in binlog background thread is removed (MDEV-26473)
- Shutdown of the semisync master can't produce inconsistent state anymore (MDEV-11853)
- Binlogs disappear after rsync IST (MDEV-28583)
- master crash is eliminated in compressed semisync replication protocol with packet counting amendment (MDEV-25580)
- OPTIMIZE on a sequence does not cause counterfactual ER_BINLOG_UNSAFE_STATEMENT anymore (MDEV-24617)
- Automatically generated Gtid_log_list_event is made to recognize within replication event group as a formal member (MDEV-28550)
- Replication unsafe INSERT .. ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE using two or more unique key values at a time with MIXED format binlogging is corrected (MDEV-28310)
- Replication unsafe INSERT .. ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE stops issuing unnecessary "Unsafe statement" with MIXED binlog format (MDEV-21810)
- Incomplete replication event groups are detected to error out by the slave IO thread (MDEV-27697)
- mysqlbinlog --stop-never --raw now flushes the result file to disk after each processed event so the file can be listed with the actual bytes (MDEV-14608)
- Incorrect binlogs after Galera SST using rsync and mariabackup (MDEV-27524)
- mariabackup does not detect multi-source replication slave (MDEV-21037)
- Useless warning "InnoDB: Allocated tablespace ID <id> for <tablename>, old maximum was 0" during backup stage (MDEV-27343)
- mariabackup prepare fails for incrementals if a new schema is created after full backup is taken (MDEV-28446)
- Query performance degradation in newer MariaDB versions when using many tables (MDEV-28073)
- A SEGV in Item_field::used_tables/update_depend_map_for_order... (MDEV-26402)
- ANALYZE FORMAT=JSON fields are incorrect for UNION ALL queries (MDEV-27699)
- Subquery in an UPDATE query uses full scan instead of range (MDEV-22377)
- Assertion `item1->type() == Item::FIELD_ITEM ... (MDEV-19398)
- Server crashes in Expression_cache_tracker::fetch_current_stats (MDEV-28268)
- MariaDB server crash at Item_subselect::init_expr_cache_tracker (MDEV-26164, MDEV-26047)
- Crash with union of my_decimal type in ORDER BY clause (MDEV-25994)
- SIGSEGV in st_join_table::cleanup (MDEV-24560)
- Assertion `!eliminated' failed in Item_subselect::exec (MDEV-28437)
The following variables have been deprecated:
- spider_crd_type and spider_crd_weight (MDEV-28010)
- spider_crd_mode and spider_sts_mode (MDEV-28008)
- spider_internal_limit (MDEV-27981)
- spider_internal_offset (MDEV-28297)
- spider_store_last_crd, spider_store_last_sts, spider_load_crd_at_startup and spider_load_sts_at_startup (MDEV-28007)
- spider_udf_ct_bulk_insert_interval, spider_udf_ct_bulk_insert_rows, spider_udf_ds_bulk_insert_rows, spider_udf_ds_table_loop_mode, spider_udf_ds_use_real_table (MDEV-28005)
- spider_use_handler (MDEV-27923)
- spider_xa_register_mode (MDEV-28244)
- Server error messages are now available in Chinese (MDEV-28227)
- For RHEL/CentOS 7, non x86_64 architectures are no longer supported upstream and so our support will also be dropped with this release
- Packages for Ubuntu 22.04 LTS "Jammy" and Fedora 36 are not yet available pending the resolution of MDEV-28133: Backport OpenSSL-3.0 compatibility to 10.6 branch
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.7 for Debian 9 "Stretch", Ubuntu 21.10 "Impish", and Fedora 34
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB 10.7.4, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
For a full list of contributors to MariaDB 10.7.4, see the MariaDB Foundation release announcement.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.