MariaDB 10.9.0 Release Notes
Release date: 23 March 2022
Do not use alpha releases in production!
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
Remember, these features are in separate preview packages. The subsection header text corresponds to the preview package name.
JSON Range Notation
- JSON_OVERLAPS function (MDEV-27677)
- Implement range notation for JSONPath (MDEV-27911)
- Support JSONPath negative index (MDEV-22224)
SHOW ANALYZE FORMAT=JSON
- Extend SHOW EXPLAIN to support SHOW ANALYZE [FORMAT=JSON] (MDEV-27021)
- Add EXPLAIN FOR CONNECTION syntax support to SHOW EXPLAIN (MDEV-10000)
Async redo log write
- Implement the --do-domain-ids, --ignore-domain-ids, and --ignore-server-ids options for mariadb-binlog/mysqlbinlog (MDEV-20119)
- information_schema.tables.table_type now shows TEMPORARY for local temporary tables (MDEV-12459)
- Merge old to old_mode sql variable (MDEV-24920)
- Vault Key Management Plugin (MDEV-19281)
- JSON file interface to wsrep node state / SST progress logging (MDEV-26971)
- Allow innodb_log_file_size to change without server restart (MDEV-27812)
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.