MariaDB 11.0.0 Release Notes
Release date: 27 Dec 2022
Do not use alpha releases in production!
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
New optimizer cost model
This is the main change that practically defines this release. Read about new optimizer cost model on its own page.
- MDEV-22570 Implement wsrep_provider_options as plugin
- MDEV-29281 Add details about node eviction status to the JSON file with Galera node status
Removing/Deprecating old code
- MDEV-29694 Remove the InnoDB change buffer
- MDEV-30136 Deprecate innodb_flush_method
- MDEV-29983 Deprecate innodb_file_per_table
- MDEV-30128 remove support for 5.1- replication events
- MDEV-29582 deprecate mysql* names
- MDEV-29227 deprecate explicit_defaults_for_timestamp=0
- MDEV-28910 remove the 5.5.5- version hack
- MDEV-29668 SUPER no longer allows actions that have fine-grained dedicated privileges
- MDEV-30203 Move mysql compatibility symlinks to different package
- MDEV-30153 ad hoc client versions are confusing
- MDEV-29986 Set innodb_undo_tablespaces=3 by default
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.