MariaDB 11.2.0 Release Notes
Release date: 20 Jun 2023
Do not use alpha releases in production!
MariaDB 11.2 is a short-term development series of MariaDB, and will be maintained for one year after its Generally Available release. It is an evolution of MariaDB 11.1 with several entirely new features.
The preview is available as a container quay.io/mariadb-foundation/mariadb-devel:11.2-preview.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- JSON_TABLE now allows retrieval of the key when iterating on JSON objects (MDEV-30145)
- New functions JSON_OBJECT_FILTER_KEYS, JSON_OBJECT_TO_ARRAY and JSON_ARRAY_INTERSECT to check for JSON intersection (MDEV-26182)
- All binlog* variables are now visible as system variables, specifically binlog_do_db, binlog_ignore_db, binlog_row_event_max_size (MDEV-30188)
- ALTER TABLE IMPORT enhancement (MDEV-26137)
- Temporary tables are now displayed in the Information Schema TABLES Table, SHOW TABLES and SHOW TABLE STATUS (MDEV-12459)
- Stored programs: validation of stored program statements (MDEV-5816)
- Remove the deprecated old_alter_table variable (MDEV-30905)
- Extend AES_ENCRYPT() and AES_DECRYPT() to support an initialization vector and algorithm (MDEV-9069)
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.