MariaDB 5.1.53 Release Notes
Download | Release Notes | Changelog | Overview of 5.1
Release date: 6 Dec 2010
For a list of every change made in this release, see the Changelog. For a description of this release see the MariaDB 5.1 overview.
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
In addition to the differences noted in previous release notes and changelogs, the main differences between MariaDB and MySQL are:
Includes MySQL 5.1.53
For MariaDB 5.1.53 we have merged in all of the upstream changes from MySQL 5.1.52 and 5.1.53. The MySQL 5.1.52 and 5.1.53 release notes have details of what changes were made upstream by MySQL since 5.1.51.
Includes XtraDB 5.1.52-11.6
We have included XtraDB from Percona-server-5.1.52-11.6 in this version of MariaDB.
For this version of MariaDB we have started building Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" and Debian 6 "Squeeze" packages.
Like previous releases, MariaDB 5.1.53 includes several bug fixes and other improvements. Specific bugs fixed in MariaDB 5.1.53 include:
- Bug #643463 slow shutdown of XtraDB
- A fix from MySQL 5.1.52 for a serious regression: Bug #678047 and MySQL Bug #56821 Windows service cannot start
- Various fixes for .deb packaging:
- Bug #675185 mysqld_safe hangs spinning at 100% CPU
- Bug #509535 .debs should link with system libraries, not bundled
- Bug #674812 PHP compile failure
- Bug #616307 Upgrade failure on Debian 6 "Squeeze"
- and others...