MariaDB Connector/J 3.2.0 Release Notes
Release date: 25 Aug 2023
MariaDB Connector/J 3.2.0 is a Stable (GA) release.
For an overview of MariaDB Connector/J see the About MariaDB Connector/J page
Batch Bulk behavior
Bulk batching enabled by default (option `useBulkStmts`) with permit super fast batching, but batch return array of update counts with Statement.SUCCESS_NO_INFO values. The problem is that application using optimistic locking fails, expecting exact return value.
`useBulkStmts` is now defaulting to false, with the addition of a new option `useBulkStmtsForInserts`, enabled by default permit to enable bulk for insert command only. This permit to have return values in batching return value, for all cases, permitting optimistic behavior.
This default values are more appropriate for all kind of application. If application doesn't use optimistic locking, enabling `useBulkStmts` is then more appropriate, because UPDATE and DELETE commands in batch will then use faster BULK implementation.
When using maxscale 23.08.0+, when a maxscale node fails, connector will now priorize reconnection to the maxscales nodes having less connections, to ensure connections repartition after failover. This allows a faster return to normal
- CONJ-1088 Implement `databaseTerm` option for mysql compatibility
- CONJ-1096 adding option `useLocalSessionState` to permit avoiding queries when application only use JDBC methods.
- CONJ-1075 LOAD DATA INFILE is broken on windows
- CONJ-1079 getGeneratedKeys after batch will not return all generated id's if first batch command return no generated id.
- CONJ-1080 maridb Java connector sslMode=verify-ca complaining unable to find trust certificate.
- CONJ-1082 Multiple session system variables parsing fails
- CONJ-1083 Using /*client prepare*/ prefix to force client side prepared statement
- CONJ-1091 can't make a connection when the Read Replica DB is in a hang state when SocketTimeout=0 set
- CONJ-1092 ensure respecting server collation
- CONJ-1094 Missing mariadb/mysql collation
For a complete list of changes made in MariaDB Connector/J 3.2.0, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.