MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.16 Release Notes
Note: This page describes features in the source repository for MariaDB Connector/ODBC. There are currently no official packages or binaries available for download which contain the version of the driver described here. If you want to try out any of the new features described here you will need to get and compile the code yourself.
This is a Stable (GA) release of MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.
MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.16 is built on top of MariaDB Connector/C v.3.3.1.
- The failover feature has been added (ODBC-366) - it’s possible to provide a comma separated list of hosts as a server name, for simple failover in case one or more hosts are not available. The following syntax is required: hostname and port must be separated by a colon (:) IPv6 addresses must be enclosed within square brackets hostname:port pairs must be be separated by a comma (,) if only one host:port was specified, the host string needs to end with a comma. if no port was specified, the default port will be used. Examples for failover host string: [::1]:3306,192.168.0.1:3307,test.example.com 127.0.0.1:3307,
- MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.16 is statically linked for Windows and MacOS with MariaDB Connector/C 3.3.1 MariaDB Connector/ODBC 3.1.16 is dynamically linked for Linux with MariaDB Connector/C, version 3.2 and 3.3 can be used, but 3.3 is required for the failover feature
- NULLISCURRENT connection string option has been added. It allows to force NULL catalog name value to be treated as currently selected schema in SQLTables. Otherwise, that that is the default behavior, it’s treated as “any” schema(ODBC-298)
- NOLOCALINFILE connection string option has been added. Non-zero value disables LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE execution, zero value enables it. By default it's enabled(ODBC-347) Tarball layout has been fixed. Now only the lib subdirectory is present, but not lib64 or even both. That subdirectory contains both C/ODBC and C/C library files, as well as plugin library files in the plugin subdirectory of it. Also files belonging to Connector/C installation package have been removed(ODBC-352)
- ODBC-328 - Error connecting to some server versions not supporting session tracking with “Unknown system *variable 'session_track_schema'” error. In particular, this bug occurred if connecting to xpand.
- ODBC-346 - MariaDB Connector/ODBC package for MacOS is missing the Connector/C runtime library.
- ODBC-356 - Fixed use of indexes in search for the best row identifier for positioned operations.
- ODBC-359 - Segmentation fault in SQLFetch. The crash occurred if the NULL SQL_C_WCHAR buffer had been bound in SQLBindCol in order to obtain the required buffer length.
- ODBC-361 - MS Access will get wrong data if unique index on nullable column is used
- ODBC-365 - Length is not returned for SQL_C_WCHAR on SQLFetch if data buffer is NULL
For a complete list of every change made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.