MariaDB Connector/Python 1.1.6 Release Notes
Release date: 1 Mar 2023
This is a stable release of the MariaDB Connector/Python.
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/Python documentation .
MariaDB Connector/Python enables python programs to access MariaDB and MySQL databases, using an API which is compliant with the Python DB API 2.0 (PEP-249). It is written in C and uses MariaDB Connector/C client library for client server communication.
- CONPY-247: Added optional parameter "pool_invalidation_interval", which specifies the validation interval in milliseconds after which the status of a connection requested from the pool is checked. The default values is 500 milliseconds, a value of 0 means that the status will always be checked.
- CONPY-251: Check if stmt was already initialized in cursor nextset() method.
- CONPY-250: Fixed calculation of connection pool size
- CONPY-248: Replace broken connections in connection pool
- CONPY-246: Rollback transaction if connection pool was created without pool_reset_connection option.
- CONPY-245: Implementation of LRU cache in connection pool.
- CONPY-240: Don't overwrite errormessage/stacktrace if an exception was generated during module initialization.
MariaDB Connector/Python 1.1.6 can be obtained from central python repository:
$ pip3 install mariadb
or to upgrade to the most recent version
$ pip3 install --upgrade mariadb
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.