MariaDB MaxScale 2.2.3 Release Notes -- 2018-03-09
Release 2.2.3 is a GA release.
This document describes the changes in release 2.2.3, when compared to release 2.2.2.
For any problems you encounter, please consider submitting a bug report at Jira.
GTID output in MaxCtrl
The output of the
list servers command now has a GTID column. If a server is
being monitored by the mariadbmon monitor, the current GTID position will be
displayed in the newly added column. If no GTID is available, an empty value is
MaxAdmin input from scripts
The failure to set terminal attributes for MaxScale is no longer considered an error as scripts most often do not have an actual terminal that control the process. This means that passwords and other commands can be passed to MaxAdmin without a controlling terminal.
MaxCtrl password input
MaxCtrl can now query the password from the user. This allows passwords to be given without giving them as process arguments.
- MXS-1698 error:140940F5:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:unexpected record
- MXS-1697 MaxScale 2.2.2 missing avrorouter library
- MXS-1693 In Maxscale 2.2.2 getting users with native password from mysql backends does not work
- MXS-1688 Some date functions are not parsed properly with schemarouter
- MXS-1684 Empty space on a line in rule file confuses dbfwfilter which refuses to start
- MXS-1683 Commands that take passwords should allow input from stdin and not just from controlling terminals
Known Issues and Limitations
There are some limitations and known issues within this version of MaxScale. For more information, please refer to the Limitations document.
RPM and Debian packages are provided for the Linux distributions supported by MariaDB Enterprise.
Packages can be downloaded here.
The source code of MaxScale is tagged at GitHub with a tag, which is identical with the version of MaxScale. For instance, the tag of version X.Y.Z of MaxScale is X.Y.Z. Further, master always refers to the latest released non-beta version.
The source code is available here.