MariaDB MaxScale 2.2.4 Release Notes -- 2018-03-28
Release 2.2.4 is a GA release.
This document describes the changes in release 2.2.4, when compared to release 2.2.3.
For any problems you encounter, please consider submitting a bug report at Jira.
Masking is stricter
If a masking rule specifies the table/database in addition to the column name, then if a resultset does not contain table/database information, it is considered a match if the column name matches. Please consult the documentation for details.
New configuration parameters
dump_last_statements that can be of help when debugging problems. Please
see the configuration guide
- MXS-1738 MaxScale crashes in debug mode if authentication fails.
- MXS-1733 Data masking does not work with UNION queries
- MXS-1731 Empty version_string is not detected
- MXS-1730 Column alias named engine without backticks returns an error
- MXS-1729 Luafilter ignores return value of global routeQuery function
- MXS-1722 Switchover leads to error: Demotion failed due to an error in updating gtid:s.
- MXS-1721 If two services share one filter there will a crash at exit.
- MXS-1719 masking filter with readwritesplit router problems
- MXS-1717 When having two listeners use the same service show dbusers serviceName shows the user list twice
- MXS-1716 show dbusers ...service... returns empty list when using PAMAuth
- MXS-1714 local_address is not used by internal connections
- MXS-1713 SchemaRouter unable to process SHOW DATABASES for a lot of schemas
- MXS-1705 Maxscale 2.2.2 crashes on startup with CentOS 7
- MXS-1701 Source building instructions are not correct
- MXS-1689 Error message in case both port and socket are defined is not clear
- MXS-1679 Maxscale does not detect failover executed by another Maxscale in 2 Maxscales + keepalived configuration
Known Issues and Limitations
There are some limitations and known issues within this version of MaxScale. For more information, please refer to the Limitations document.
RPM and Debian packages are provided for the Linux distributions supported by MariaDB Enterprise.
Packages can be downloaded here.
The source code of MaxScale is tagged at GitHub with a tag, which is identical with the version of MaxScale. For instance, the tag of version X.Y.Z of MaxScale is X.Y.Z. Further, master always refers to the latest released non-beta version.
The source code is available here.