MariaDB MaxScale 2.3.2 Release Notes -- 2018-12-03
Release 2.3.2 is a GA release.
This document describes the changes in release 2.3.2, when compared to the previous release in the same series.
For any problems you encounter, please consider submitting a bug report on our Jira.
The systemd watchdog is now safe to use in all circumstances.
By default it is enabled with a timeout of 60 seconds.
The default value of
connection_keepalive is now 300 seconds. This prevents
the connections from dying due to wait_timeout with longer sessions. This is
especially helpful with pooled connections that stay alive for a very long time.
The monitor by default assumes that hostnames used by MaxScale to connect to the backends
are equal to the ones backends use to connect to each other. Specifically, for the slave
connections to be properly detected the
Master_Port fields of the
output to "SHOW ALL SLAVES STATUS"-query must match server entries in the MaxScale
configuration file. If the network configuration is such that this is not the case, the
assume_unique_hostnames should be disabled.
- MXS-1598 heartbeat replication don't support multimaster
- MXS-2189 optimistic_trx is rolled back if master fails
- MXS-2188 MaxScale crashing when replicating
- MXS-2187 Transaction replay is only attempted once
- MXS-2186 SHOW DATABASES is routed to the master
- MXS-2184 event_number is not incremented for updates
- MXS-2179 Watchdog notifications must be generated also when users are fetched.
- MXS-2178 Admin operations may cause systemd watchdog to be triggered.
- MXS-2167 Monitors should be able to use extra_port
- MXS-2158 Node rejoin fails, if the node was never a slave (but was master before going down)
Known Issues and Limitations
There are some limitations and known issues within this version of MaxScale. For more information, please refer to the Limitations document.
RPM and Debian packages are provided for supported the Linux distributions.
Packages can be downloaded here.
The source code of MaxScale is tagged at GitHub with a tag, which is identical
with the version of MaxScale. For instance, the tag of version X.Y.Z of MaxScale
maxscale-X.Y.Z. Further, the default branch is always the latest GA version
The source code is available here.