MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.19 Release Notes
Release date: 18 May 2015
For a list of changes made in MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.19, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.19 Changelog.
Updates and fixes in this version
- Codership changes: github.com/codership/mysql-wsrep/tree/5.6 (till commit 2bb4c3d).
- The Galera library used by MariaDB Galera Cluster and included in the MariaDB repositories is currently at version 25.3.9.
- The following FLUSH commands are now executed under total order isolation:
- FLUSH DES_KEY_FILE
- FLUSH HOSTS
- FLUSH PRIVILEGES
- FLUSH QUERY CACHE
- FLUSH STATUS
- FLUSH USER_RESOURCES
New and Deprecated Distributions
As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the final release of MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0 for Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat", Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid", and Mint 9 LTS "Isadora". When the next version of MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0 is released, repositories for these distributions will go away.
We have also added a couple of new Linux distributions with this release. Both Fedora 21 and Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid" repositories are now available. As this is the first release with these repositories, they are considered experimental. Please let us know if you run into any issues with them.
- Running MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5 and 10.0 nodes in a cluster is not supported (MDEV-6257)
- This version of MariaDB Galera Cluster supports
wsrepAPI v25 which means MariaDB Galera Cluster can be used with either a 25.2.x or 25.3.x Galera
wsrepprovider. A 25.3.x
wsrepprovider is included in the MariaDB repositories and is also available from the downloads page.
- On Ubuntu and Debian, the Galera Arbitrator daemon (garbd) and the galera library are in two separate packages. The packages are named galera-3 and galera-arbitrator-3. When installing MariaDB Galera Cluster on Ubuntu and Debian (the mariadb-galera-server package), the galera-3 package will be automatically installed. You can then install the arbitrator package on a separate node (recommended) or on one of the nodes running mariadb-galera-server (not recommended).
Note: If Galera 25.2.x and 25.3.x are both being used in the cluster, MariaDB with Galera 25.3.x must be started with wsrep_provider_options='socket.checksum=1' in order to make it backward compatible with Galera v2. Galera wsrep providers other than 25.3.x or 25.2.x are not supported.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB Galera Cluster!