MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.21 Release Notes
Release date: 18 Aug 2015
For a list of changes made in MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.21, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.21 Changelog.
Updates and fixes in this version
- This release is mainly a bug-fix release.
- Codership changes: github.com/codership/mysql-wsrep/tree/5.6 (till commit 2bb4c3d).
- The Galera library used by MariaDB Galera Cluster and included in the MariaDB repositories is currently at version 25.3.9.
- ALTER TABLE EXCHANGE PARTITION command was not getting replicated to other nodes in the cluster. (MDEV-7501)
- GRANT/REVOKE role commands were not getting replicated to other nodes in the cluster. (MDEV-8434)
- CREATE/ALTER VIEW commands were not replicated properly if ALGORITHM clause was missing. (MDEV-8464)
- RENAME TABLE command was getting replicated and executed on other nodes even when the user did not have sufficient privileges. (MDEV-8598)
- Running MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5 and 10.0 nodes in a cluster is not supported (MDEV-6257)
- This version of MariaDB Galera Cluster supports
wsrepAPI v25 which means MariaDB Galera Cluster can be used with either a 25.2.x or 25.3.x Galera
wsrepprovider. A 25.3.x
wsrepprovider is included in the MariaDB repositories and is also available from the downloads page.
- On Ubuntu and Debian, the Galera Arbitrator daemon (garbd) and the galera library are in two separate packages. The packages are named galera-3 and galera-arbitrator-3. When installing MariaDB Galera Cluster on Ubuntu and Debian (the mariadb-galera-server package), the galera-3 package will be automatically installed. You can then install the arbitrator package on a separate node (recommended) or on one of the nodes running mariadb-galera-server (not recommended).
Note: If Galera 25.2.x and 25.3.x are both being used in the cluster, MariaDB with Galera 25.3.x must be started with wsrep_provider_options='socket.checksum=1' in order to make it backward compatible with Galera v2. Galera wsrep providers other than 25.3.x or 25.2.x are not supported.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB Galera Cluster!