MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.27 Release Notes
Release date: 29 Aug 2016
For a list of changes made in MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.27, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.27 Changelog. For changes made in MariaDB 10.0.27, see the MariaDB 10.0.27 Changelog
Updates and fixes in this version
- This release is mainly a bug-fix release.
- Codership changes: github.com/codership/mysql-wsrep/tree/5.6 (till commit c3fc46e).
- The Galera library used by MariaDB Galera Cluster and included in the MariaDB repositories is currently at version 25.3.17.
- The support for the wsrep_max_ws_rows system variable has now been added and thus its values will no longer be ignored by the server. In order to be backward compatible its default value has been changed to 0 (from 131072), which essentially allows writesets to be any size.
- The default value of wsrep_max_ws_size has been raised from 1GB to 2GB.
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0 for Fedora 22
- Running MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5 and 10.0 nodes in a cluster is not supported (MDEV-6257)
- This version of MariaDB Galera Cluster supports
wsrepAPI v25 which means MariaDB Galera Cluster can be used with either a 25.2.x or 25.3.x Galera
wsrepprovider. A 25.3.x
wsrepprovider is included in the MariaDB repositories and is also available from the downloads page.
- On Ubuntu and Debian, the Galera Arbitrator daemon (garbd) and the galera library are in two separate packages. The packages are named galera-3 and galera-arbitrator-3. When installing MariaDB Galera Cluster on Ubuntu and Debian (the mariadb-galera-server package), the galera-3 package will be automatically installed. You can then install the arbitrator package on a separate node (recommended) or on one of the nodes running mariadb-galera-server (not recommended).
Note: If Galera 25.2.x and 25.3.x are both being used in the cluster, MariaDB with Galera 25.3.x must be started with wsrep_provider_options='socket.checksum=1' in order to make it backward compatible with Galera v2. Galera wsrep providers other than 25.3.x or 25.2.x are not supported.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB Galera Cluster!
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.