MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5.46 Release Notes
Release date: 20 Oct 2015
For a list of changes made in MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5.46, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5.46 Changelog.
Updates and fixes in this version
- This release is mainly a bug-fix release.
- Codership changes:
- The Galera library used by MariaDB Galera Cluster and included in the MariaDB repositories is currently at version 25.3.9.
- MDEV-5146: Updates from LOAD DATA on a partitioned table were not getting replicated to other nodes in the cluster
- MDEV-8208: A node could crash during startup
- MDEV-8834: In a concurrent scenario, a session was able to write to a read_only node
As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5 for Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic" and Fedora 20.
- Running MariaDB Galera Cluster 5.5 and 10.0 nodes in a cluster is not supported (MDEV-6257)
- This version of MariaDB Galera Cluster supports
wsrepAPI v25 which means MariaDB Galera Cluster can be used with either a 25.2.x or 25.3.x Galera
wsrepprovider. A 25.3.x
wsrepprovider is included in the MariaDB repositories and is also available from the downloads page.
Note: If Galera 25.2.x and 25.3.x are both being used in the cluster, MariaDB with Galera 25.3.x must be started with wsrep_provider_options='socket.checksum=1' in order to make it backward compatible with Galera v2. Galera wsrep providers other than 25.3.x or 25.2.x are not supported.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB Galera Cluster!
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB Corporation customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB Corporation products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.