MaxScale 1.4 Changelog
- Authentication now allows table level resolution of grants. MaxScale service
users will now need SELECT privileges on
mysql.tables_privto be able to authenticate users at the database and table level.
- Firewall filter allows whitelisting.
- Client side SSL works.
For more details, please refer to MaxScale 1.4.5 Release Notes MaxScale 1.4.4 Release Notes MaxScale 1.4.3 Release Notes MaxScale 1.4.2 Release Notes MaxScale 1.4.1 Release Notes MaxScale 1.4.0 Release Notes.
- Added support for persistent backend connections
- The binlog server is now an integral component of MaxScale.
- The logging has been changed; instead of different log files there is one log file and different message priorities.
For more details, please refer to MaxScale 1.3 Release Notes
- Logfiles have been renamed. The log names are now named error.log, messages.log, trace.log and debug.log.
- Schemarouter now also allows for an upper limit to session commands.
- Schemarouter correctly handles SHOW DATABASES responses that span multiple buffers.
- Readwritesplit and Schemarouter now allow disabling of the session command history.
NOTE: MaxScale default installation directory has changed to
/usr/local/mariadb-maxscale and the default password for MaxAdmin is now ´mariadb´.
- New modules added
- Binlog router
- Firewall filter
- Multi-Master monitor
- RabbitMQ logging filter
- Schema Sharding router
- Added option to use high precision timestamps in logging.
- Readwritesplit router now returns the master server's response.
- New readwritesplit router option added. It is now possible to control the amount of memory readwritesplit sessions will consume by limiting the amount of session modifying statements they can execute.
- Minimum required CMake version is now 2.8.12 for package building.
- Session idle timeout added for services. More details can be found in the configuration guide.
- Monitor API is updated to 2.0.0. Monitors with earlier versions of the API no longer work with this version of MaxScale.
- MaxScale now requires libcurl and libcurl development headers.
- Nagios plugins added.
- Notification service added.
- Readconnrouter has a new "running" router_option. This allows it to use any running server as a valid backend server.
- Database names can be stripped of escape characters with the