MaxScale 23.02 MariaDB MaxScale 23.02.5 Release Notes -- 2023-10-30
MariaDB MaxScale 23.02.5 Release Notes -- 2023-10-30
Release 23.02.5 is a GA release.
This document describes the changes in release 23.02.5, when compared to the previous release in the same series.
If you are upgrading from an older major version of MaxScale, please read the upgrading document for this MaxScale version.
For any problems you encounter, please consider submitting a bug report on our Jira.
External CVEs resolved.
- CVE-2022-1586 Fixed by MXS-4806 Update pcre2 to 10.42
- CVE-2022-1587 Fixed by MXS-4806 Update pcre2 to 10.42
- CVE-2022-41409 Fixed by MXS-4806 Update pcre2 to 10.42
- CVE-2023-27371 Fixed by MXS-4751 Update libmicrohttpd to version 0.9.76
- MXS-4831 Missing SQL error in server state change messages
- MXS-4815 @@last_gtid and @@last_insert_id are treated differently
- MXS-4814 GTIDs used by causal_reads=global cannot be reset without restarting MaxScale
- MXS-4812 More than one primary database in a monitor results in errors in MaxScale GUI
- MXS-4811 Error handling differences between running maxctrl directly or in a subshell
- MXS-4810 --timeout doesn't work with multiple values in --hosts
- MXS-4807 MaxScale does not always report the OS version correctly
- MXS-4799 ConfigManager may spam the log with warnings
- MXS-4797 NullFilter has not been extended to support all routing enumeration values.
- MXS-4792 Semi-sync replication through MaxScale causes errors on STOP SLAVE
- MXS-4790 Log version after log rotation
- MXS-4788 Galeramon should use gtid_binlog_pos if gtid_current_pos is empty
- MXS-4782 Kafkacdc logs warnings about the configuration
- MXS-4781 cooperative_replication works even if cluster parameter is not used
- MXS-4780 Shutdown may hang if cooperative_replication is used
- MXS-4778 Aborts due to SystemD watchdog should tell if a DNS lookup was in progress
- MXS-4777 Maxscale crash due to systemd timeout
- MXS-4775 KafkaCDC: current_gtid.txt is moving but is behind
- MXS-4772 Config sync status leaves origin field empty on restart
- MXS-4771 Problem while linking libnosqlprotocol.so
- MXS-4768 Empty objects for selecting in "Objects Selection" stage of Data migration
- MXS-4767 Rebuild-server and related operations fail with "No route to host"
- MXS-4766 maxctrl create report cannot write to a pipe
- MXS-4765 Serialization of regular expressions doesn't add escaping slashes
- MXS-4763 Logs viewer in data migration worksheet doesn't automatically scroll to the bottom
- MXS-4760 Automatically ignored tables are not documented for schemarouter
- MXS-4749 log_throttling should be disabled if log_info is on
- MXS-4747 log_throttling is hard to modify via MaxCtrl
- MXS-4738 The fact that disable_master_failback does not work with root_node_as_master is not documented
- MXS-4736 Read-only transaction sometimes loses statements with causal_reads=universal and transaction_replay=true
- MXS-4735 Connection IDs are missing from error messages
- MXS-4734 SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY is classified as a session command
- MXS-4732 MaxScale shutdown is not signal-safe
- MXS-4724 slave_selection_criteria should accept lowercase version of the values
- MXS-4718 Add replication_custom_options to enable replication TLS certification check
- MXS-4707 The match parameters are not regular expressions
- MXS-4686 Undefined behavior in ed25519 plugin
- MXS-4562 When MaxScalle is installed from tarball and starded without -d option --basedir=. is not parsed properly and full directory needs to be specified
- MXS-4538 No valid servers in cluster 'MariaDB-Monitor'
- MXS-4457 Duplicate values in
serversare silently ignored
Known Issues and Limitations
There are some limitations and known issues within this version of MaxScale. For more information, please refer to the Limitations document.
RPM and Debian packages are provided for the supported Linux distributions.
Packages can be downloaded here.
The source code of MaxScale is tagged at GitHub with a tag, which is identical
with the version of MaxScale. For instance, the tag of version X.Y.Z of MaxScale
maxscale-X.Y.Z. Further, the default branch is always the latest GA version
The source code is available here.