MariaDB 10.0.0 Release Notes
Release date: 12 Nov 2012
MariaDB 10.0.0 is an Alpha release. This is the first 10.0-based release, and we are releasing it now to get it into the hands of any who might want to test it. Not all features planned for the MariaDB 10.0 series are included in this release. Additional features will be pushed in future releases. Do not use alpha releases on production systems.
Based on MariaDB 5.5
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
New Features in MariaDB 10.0.0 Alpha
- Better error messages (all error numbers now include a descriptive text what the number means)
- SHOW EXPLAIN feature
- Multi source replication — Original code from Taobao, developed by Peng Lixun.
New Features Backported from MySQL 5.6
- New InnoDB — from MySQL 5.6.5
- Performance schema — from MySQL 5.6.5 (without host cache)
- Optimized read only transaction (for InnoDB). This includes support for TRANSACTION READ ONLY.
- LIMIT ... ORDER BY optimization
- A fix is included for multiple SQL injection vulnerabilities in the replication code. See MDEV-382 (CVE-2012-4414) for details.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!