There was a packaging issue with 10.0.5 on Debian & Ubuntu that prevented TokuDB from installing. This was fixed in 10.0.6.
Release date: 7 Nov 2013
MariaDB 10.0 is the current development version of MariaDB. It is an evolution of the MariaDB 5.5 series with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6.
MariaDB 10.0.5 is a Beta release. This is the sixth 10.0-based release, and the first beta release. We are releasing it now to get it into the hands of any who might want to test it. All features planned for inclusion in the stable (GA) MariaDB 10.0 series are included in this release. This is still a beta however, not a final, production-ready, release.
Based on MariaDB 5.5
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
This release includes fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
From MariaDB 5.5
- TokuDB from MariaDB 5.5 has been merged into this version of MariaDB
- Starting with this version, MariaDB 10.0 is now built with jemalloc by default on Linux (not on Solaris or Windows).
Newly Implemented Features
- MDEV-4506: Parallel replication
- MDEV-4397: Roles
- MDEV-407: EXPLAIN in the slow query log.
- MDEV-4425: PCRE library, REGEXP_REPLACE, REGEXP_INSTR, REGEXP_SUBSTR functions
- MDEV-4911: KILL QUERY ID : the ability to kill a query by the query ID instead of the thread ID.
- MDEV-3814: DELETE .. RETURNING
- MDEV-4133: use fallocate() in XtraDB/InnoDB
Features and Fixes Merged or Backported from MySQL 5.6.10
- MDEV-5163: WEIGHT_STRING() function
- MDEV-3798: EXPLAIN for UPDATE/DELETE
- MDEV-4411: Connection attributes (see the performance schema tables session_connect_attrs and session_account_connect_attrs)
- MDEV-4928: Collation customization improvements (see Supported Characters Sets and Collations).
- MDEV-5025: TO_BASE64() and FROM_BASE64() functions
For full details, see the changelog.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!