Release date: 25 Mar 2016
MariaDB 10.1 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-9659 AWS Key management encryption plugin (currently distributed in source form only).
- MDEV-6058 new server variables; log_slow_admin_statements and log_slow_slave_statements.
- MDEV-9443 CREATE ROLE and DROP ROLE are now allowed in prepared statements.
- MDEV-9640 INFORMATION_SCHEMA.INNODB_TABLESPACES_ENCRYPTION has a new column;
- The Galera library has been updated to version 25.3.15.
- The plugin maturity has been updated for a number of plugins.
A repository for the newly-released Ubuntu 16.04 "xenial" has been added. Currently the repository is using packages built on Ubuntu 15.10 "wily", but in the next release they will be built on xenial builders.
- MDEV-9781 - APT 1.2.7 (and later) prefers SHA2 GPG keys and now prints warnings when a repository is signed using a SHA1 key. We have created a new SHA2 key for use with our Ubuntu 16.04 "xenial" repository.
- The Key ID is:
- The full fingerprint of the new key is:
177F 4010 FE56 CA33 3630 0305 F165 6F24 C74C D1D8
- The key can be added using the following command:
- The Key ID is:
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 0xF1656F24C74CD1D8
The instructions in the repository configuration tool for Ubuntu 16.04 "xenial" have been updated to refer to this new key. Repositories for previous versions of Ubuntu will continue to use the old key.