Release date: 7 Dec 2014
MariaDB 10.1 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
This is an Alpha release.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This is the third alpha release in the MariaDB 10.1 series.
Notable changes of this release include:
- --mysql56-temporal-format option to use the MySQL-5.6 low level formats to store TIME, DATETIME and TIMESTAMP types. (MDEV-5528)
- Support for Spatial Reference systems for the GIS data (MDEV-60), new
REF_SYSTEM_IDcolumn attribute can be used to specify Spatial Reference System ID for columns of spatial data types:
create table t1(g GEOMETRY(9,4) REF_SYSTEM_ID=101);
It can be queried via the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table.
- INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SPATIAL_REF_SYS table.
- More functions from the OGC standard added (MDEV-4045):
- Per-query variables - see SET STATEMENT (MDEV-5231)
- EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON (MDEV-6109)
- Scalability fixes (MDEV-7004). Up to 60% higher throughput in sysbench benchmarks on Power8.
- Password validation plugin API (MDEV-6431).
- simple_password_check password validation plugin. It can enforce a minimum password length and guarantee that a password contains at least a specified number of uppercase and lowercase letters, digits, and punctuation characters.
- cracklib_password_check password validation plugin. It only allows passwords that are strong enough to pass CrackLib test. This is the same test that
pam_cracklib.sodoes, installed by default on many Linux distributions.
- The number of rows affected by a slow UPDATE or DELETE is now recorded in the slow query log - see also mysql.slow_log Table. (MDEV-4412)
- GET_LOCK() now supports microseconds in the timeout, no longer rounding fractions to the nearest integer (MDEV-4018)
- domain_id based replication filters - see CHANGE MASTER TO (MDEV-6593)
- Two new Information Schema tables for examining wsrep information, WSREP_MEMBERSHIP and WSREP_STATUS (MDEV-7053)
- innodb_log_compressed_pages is now set to
- The Facebook Prefix Index Queries Optimization (MDEV-6929), enabled with innodb_prefix_index_cluster_optimization and two new status variables, Innodb_secondary_index_triggered_cluster_reads and Innodb_secondary_index_triggered_cluster_reads_avoided to track its effectiveness.
- Default size of query_alloc_block_size changed from
16384and query_prealloc_size from
24576to avoid the need for simple queries with one join to call
- Other Webscale patches (MDEV-6039)
- Out parameters in PREPARE were removed, as it was decided to rather implement the feature in a standard way.
Do not use alpha releases on production systems!
Repositories exist for 10.1, but because 10.1 is still Alpha, they are not visible in the repository configuration tool. To configure a 10.1 apt, yum, or zypper repository using the tool, simply select 10.0 and then when executing the instructions, manually change all occurrences of '10.0' to '10.1'.