Release date: 14 Mar 2017
MariaDB 10.1 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- XtraDB updated to 5.6.35-80.0
- TokuDB updated to 5.6.35-80.0
- PCRE updated to 8.40
- MDEV-12160: ed25519 authentication plugin
- MDEV-11842: Fix a 10.1.21 regression with failed INSERT, BEFORE INSERT triggers, and columns with no default value
- MDEV-12075: Fix a 10.1.21 regression in the InnoDB data file extension code
- MDEV-11027: better InnoDB crash recovery progress reporting
- MDEV-11520: improvements to how InnoDB data files are extended
- Improvements to InnoDB startup/shutdown to make it more robust
- MDEV-11233: fix for FULLTEXT index crash
- MDEV-9734: systemd compatible bintar files now available
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.1 for Fedora 23, CentOS 5, RHEL 5, and openSUSE 13
- OpenSUSE 42 repositories have been added in this release
Using page_compression or non-default innodb_page_size created files that were incompatible with MariaDB 10.0 or MySQL 5.6. MariaDB 10.1.21 and higher will convert affected files from earlier MariaDB 10.1 releases to a compatible format.
This prevents a downgrade to earlier MariaDB 10.1 versions.