Release date: 3 May 2017
MariaDB 10.1 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.0 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MDEV-12602: Fixed some race conditions in InnoDB encryption
- MariaDB Backup alpha introduced, see this blog post for more information
- Galera wsrep library updated to 25.3.20
- Packages for Ubuntu 17.04 "zesty" added
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.1 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise" and Mint 13 LTS "Maya"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
Using page_compression or non-default innodb_page_size created files that were incompatible with MariaDB 10.0 or MySQL 5.6. MariaDB 10.1.21 and higher will convert affected files from earlier MariaDB 10.1 releases to a compatible format.
This prevents a downgrade to earlier MariaDB 10.1 versions.