Release date: 17 Feb 2017
MariaDB 10.2 is the current development series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
This is the first release candidate (RC) release in the MariaDB 10.2 series.
- New reserved word: ROWS. This can no longer be used as an identifier without being quoted.
- Default binary log format changed to mixed (MDEV-7635).
- Default values of replicate_annotate_row_events and binlog_annotate_row_events changed to
- Default value of slave_net_timeout reduced to 60 seconds (MDEV-7635).
- Default value of group_concat_max_len changed to 1M (MDEV-7635).
- Default value of innodb_compression_algorithm changed to
zlib- this does not mean pages are now compressed by default, see compression (MDEV-11838).
- Default value of innodb_log_compressed_pages changed to
- Default value of innodb_use_atomic_writes and innodb_use_trim changed to
- The unused innodb_api_* variables have been removed (MDEV-12050).
- Numerous other system variable changes.
- DML_only flashback can rollback instances/databases/tables to an old snapshot (MDEV-10570).
- Implement ST_AsGeoJSON and ST_GeomFromGeoJSON functions so the spatial features can be imported/exported using GeoJSON format (MDEV-11042).
- Zipped File Tables for the CONNECT storage engine (MDEV-11295).
- Persistent AUTO_INCREMENT for InnoDB (MDEV-6076).
- Default values of the aria_recover and myisam_recover_options system variables changed to
- Support COM_RESET_CONNECTION (MDEV-10340).
- innodb_log_files_in_group can now be set to
- MariaDB now works when started with a MySQL 5.7.6+ data directory. (MDEV-11170)
- OpenSUSE 42 repositories have been added in this release.
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 10.2 for Ubuntu 12.04 "precise", Fedora 23, and openSUSE 13