Release date: 23 May 2017
MariaDB 10.2 is the current stable series of MariaDB. It is an evolution of MariaDB 10.1 with several entirely new features not found anywhere else and with backported and reimplemented features from MySQL 5.6 and 5.7.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!
- MyRocks alpha storage engine added (MDEV-9658)
- Window functions have been introduced.
- Recursive Common Table Expressions (MDEV-9864)
- AWS Key Management plugin added for Windows, CentOS, RHEL, and Fedora packages
- Update InnoDB to 5.7.18 (MDEV-11751)
- Galera wsrep library updated to 25.3.20
- Packages for Ubuntu 17.04 "zesty" added
- MDEV-10431: The
--add-drop-triggeroption has been added to mysqldump
- MDEV-12472: Ignore XtraDB-specific parameters in InnoDB, warning that they are ignored
- MDEV-12253, MDEV-12602: Numerous Encryption fixes
- MDEV-11336: Disabled defragmentation
- MDEV-10332: Added support for OpenSSL 1.1 and LibreSSL
- innodb_deadlock_detect and innodb_stats_include_delete_marked variables introduced
- Percona XtraBackup (as of 2.4) will not work with MariaDB 10.2 (and MariaDB 10.1) compression. However, MariaDB's fork, MariaDB Backup, will work with compression. It will be included in a future version of MariaDB 10.2.