Release date: 19 Nov 2010
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
Includes MySQL 5.1.51
Includes XtraDB 5.1.51-12
We have included XtraDB from Percona-server-5.1.51-12 in this version of MariaDB.
Shared Library - libmysqld.so
In addition to the static library, libmysqld.a, this version of MariaDB also includes a corresponding shared library, libmysqld.so. This is needed by applications such as Amarok, which use the embedded server from within dynamically loaded plugins or libraries. Details of this are found in MWL#74, and this patch fixes MySQL Bug #39288.
- MySQL Bug #57491 thd->main_da.is_ok() assert in embedded
- MySQL Bug #26447 "ALTER TABLE .. ORDER" does not work with InnoDB and auto_increment keys
- MySQL Bug #35850 Performance regression in 5.1.23/5.1.24
- MySQL Bug #39653 find_shortest_key in sql_select.cc does not consider clustered primary keys
- MySQL Bug #55656 mysqldump can be slower after MySQL Bug #39653 fix
- MySQL Bug #43152 Assertion `bitmap_is_set_all(&table->s->all_set)' failed in handler::ha_reset
- MySQL Bug #44797 plugins w/o command-line options have no disabling option in --help
- MySQL Bug #53161 Left join optimized into join leads to incorrect results
- MySQL Bug #56862 Execution of a query that uses index merge returns a wrong result
- MySQL Bug #49600 Server incorrectly processing RIGHT JOIN with constant WHERE clause and no index
- MySQL Bug #49322 Server is adding extra NULL row on processing a WHERE clause
- MySQL Bug #57024 Serious performance issue with an outer join
- Bug #618608 FederatedX is not the default on Windows
- Bug #608369 (M)Aria engine recovery failure: "Page: 1 Found wrong page type 0' on CHECK TABLE EXTENDED
- Bug #640419 Wrong result with sort_union/index_merge in maria-5.1 and a large table
- Bug #634943 "marked as crashed", "zerofilling" and "wrong data in bitmap" when recovering Aria tables
- Bug #605798 RQG: Table corruption after Maria engine recovery - "Wrong data in bitmap"
- Bug #618558 Assertion data_length < ((block_size) *3 / 4) in write_block_record() at ma_blockrec.c:3483 with --maria-block-size=1K
- Bug #634955 ma_blockrec.c:3932: _ma_update_at_original_place: Assertion `blocks->count > 1 || ((new_row->total_length) > (share->base.min_block_length) ? (new_row->total_length) : (share->base.min_block_length)) <= length_on_head_page' on Aria recovery
- Bug #643463 slow XtraDB shutdown due to 10 second sleep in purge thread