Release date: 9 Oct 2014
This is a Stable (GA) release. In general this means that there are no known serious bugs, except for those marked as feature requests, that no bugs were fixed since last release that caused notable code changes, and that we believe the code is ready for general usage (based on bug inflow).
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB 5.5.40 Changelog.
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
Updates & Bug Fixes
MariaDB 5.5.40 is a maintenance release. It includes several bugfixes and updates, including from MySQL 5.5.40. Notable updates include:
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
- XtraDB updated to the version from Percona Server 5.5.40-36.1
- TokuDB updated to version 7.5.0
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 5.5 for both Ubuntu 13.10 "Saucy" and Mint 16 "Petra".
- With the recent release of CentOS 7 and RHEL 7, we are pleased to now provide packages for both distributions. Instructions for how to enable the repositories can be found by visiting the "Installing MariaDB with YUM" page and the repository configuration tool. A full list of all changes is in the changelog.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!