Release date: 13 Apr 2017
This is a Stable (GA) release.
In most respects MariaDB will work exactly as MySQL: all commands, interfaces, libraries and APIs that exist in MySQL also exist in MariaDB.
Updates & Bug Fixes
MariaDB 5.5.55 is a maintenance release. It includes bugfixes and updates, including from MySQL 5.5.55.
- MDEV-11027: better InnoDB crash recovery progress reporting
- MDEV-11520: improvements to how InnoDB data files are extended
- MDEV-6143: the various MariaDB Linux binary tarballs will now untar to directories that match their filename
- As per the MariaDB Deprecation Policy, this will be the last release of MariaDB 5.5 for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise" and Mint 13 LTS "Maya"
- Fixes for the following security vulnerabilities:
A full list of all changes is in the changelog.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB!