Release date: 20 July 2017
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/C, formerly known as MariaDB Client Library for C.
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/C page.
- Array support for prepared statements (bulk operations)
- TLS/SSL support for GnuTLS, Windows SChannel and LibreSSL
- Support for passphrase protected keys
- SHA256 authentication plugin
New API functions
- mariadb_get_info and mariadb_get_infov (variable argument list): for obtaining general and connection specific values.
- mariadb_get_charset_by_name and mariadb_get_charset_by_nr: returns character set information for a given internal number or name of character set. These functions have been previously used internally by MariaDB Connector/ODBC and are now exported, so they can be used also within plugins.
- mysql_reconnect which was used internally before (if the option MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT was set) is now part of the API and can be used by applications and plugins to reestablish a failing connection
- mariadb_cancel: aborts a connection immediately by making all subsequent read/write operations fail
- mariadb_stmt_execute_direct: prepares and executes a prepared statement for one time execution
- mysql_stmt_warning_count returns: the number of warnings from the last executed statement
- mysql_reset_connection: resets the current connection and clears session state
- Functions for obtaining session state changes:
Notable Bug fixes
- MDEV-13317: Crash in PHP5 when using libmariadb and curl mpdules
- MDEV-13320: Wrong output for mariadb_config on OSX
- MDEV-12889: Missing version info for shared object
- MDEV-12965: Connector/C reads only the first configuration file
- MDEV-13100: Can't read custom config file
- MDEV-12423: Install fails to create symlinks
- MDEV-13040: mariadb_stmt.h contains c++ comments
- MDEV-12763: Don't use deprecated API calls with OpenSSL 1.1
- MDEV-12247: Server does not respond for single query execution
- MDEV-12446: double free if no default configuration is present
- MDEV-11708: cmake with option -DWITH_ASAN no longer works
- MDEV-11008: Connector/C integration does not respect INSTALL_LIBDIR or INSTALL_DOCDIR
- MDEV-10894: Fixed conversion for big-endian platforms
- CONC-252: Use unsigned long instead of size_t for api functions
- CONC-265: Big endian fixes
- CONC-253: Compiler warnings in gssapi_client.c
- CONC-250: Added support for wildcards and SAN
- CONC-231: Incorrect FSF address
- CONC-224: Allow to build without TLS support
- CONC-223: Added missing collations
- CONC-222: Installation fixes for missing include files
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.