Release date: 22 Apr 2014
This is the 2nd release in the MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0 series. It is a Beta release. It is a merge of MariaDB 10.0.10 and Galera Cluster with additional bug fixes. It is being released now to get it into the hands of any who might want to test it. Do not run Beta releases on production systems!
For a list of changes made in MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.10, with links to detailed information on each push, see the MariaDB Galera Cluster 10.0.10 Changelog.
Updates and fixes in this version
- Codership changes:
- Galera library versions: 25.3.5, 25.2.9
- Supported wsrep interface version: 25
- Compatibility: Wsrep providers (Galera libraries) other than version 25.x.xx are not supported.
- New: This release includes a new method for snapshot state transfer,
wsrep_sst_xtrabackup-v2. This method of state snapshot transfer can be configured using the
--wsrep_sst_method=xtrabackup-v2option. Its use requires Xtrabackup (>= 2.1.6) and other software packages like socat, nc, and tar.
- Note: Completely uninstall broken/partially installed 10.0.7-galera deb packages prior to installing this version, as they may conflict with 10.0.10-galera packages.
Note: If Galera v2 and v3 are both being used in the cluster, MariaDB with
Galera v3 must be started with
in order to make it backward compatible with Galera v2.
Thanks, and enjoy MariaDB Galera Cluster!