Do not use beta releases on production systems!
MariaDB 10.2 is the current major development version.
The following lists the major new features in MariaDB 10.2:
- Window functions have been introduced.
- The SHOW CREATE USER statement was introduced.
- New CREATE USER options for limiting resource usage and tls/ssl.
- New ALTER USER statement.
- New WITH statement.
WITHis a common table expression that allows you to refer to a subquery expression many times in a query (MDEV-8308 & MDEV-9864). — Original code from Galina Shalygina
- Support for CHECK CONSTRAINT (MDEV-7563).
- Support for DEFAULT with expressions (MDEV-10134).
- BLOB and TEXT fields can now have a
- Lots of restrictions lifted for Virtual computed columns.
- Number of supported decimals in DECIMAL has increased from
- Added catchall for list partitions (MDEV-8348).
- Oracle-style EXECUTE IMMEDIATE statement (MDEV-10585).
- PREPARE Statement now understands most expressions (MDEV-10866).
- JSON functions added (MDEV-9143).
- Multiple triggers for the same event (MDEV-6112).
- The FOLLOWS/PRECEDES clauses have been added to the CREATE TRIGGER statement.
- Multiple triggers are now counted in the Executed_triggers status variable (MDEV-10915).
- SHOW TRIGGERS and SHOW CREATE TRIGGER now include the date and time the trigger was created.
- New variable read_binlog_speed_limit permits restricting the speed at which the slave reads the binlog from the master (MDEV-11064). — Original code from Tencent Game DBA Team, developed by chouryzhou.
- Delayed replication is supported (MDEV-7145)
- Compression of events in the binary log is supported (MDEV-11065). — Original code from Tencent Game DBA Team, developed by vinchen.
- An information schema plugin to report all user variables, which creates the Information Schema USER_VARIABLES Table - MDEV-7331.
- EXPLAIN FORMAT=JSON now shows
outer_ref_conditionfield which contains the condition that the(?) SELECT checks on each re-execution - MDEV-9 — Original code from Galina Shalygina652.
- EXPLAN FORMAT=JSON now shows
sort_keyfield which shows the sort criteria used by
filesortoperation. (commit 2078392)
- EXPLAIN used to show incorrect information about how the optimizer resolved
ORDER BYclause or
Distinct. This was a long-standing problem with roots back in MySQL. Now, after MDEV-8646 and related fixes, the problem doesn't exist anymore. (For test cases, see MDEV-7982, MDEV-8857, MDEV-7885, MDEV-326)
- Connection setup was made faster by moving creation of THD to new thread (MDEV-6150)
- Pushdown conditions into non-mergeable views/derived tables (MDEV-9197). — Original code from Galina Shalygina
- NO PAD collations, which means that end space are significant in comparisons (MDEV-9711). — Original code from Daniil Medvedev
- aria_recover has been renamed to aria_recover_options - MDEV-8542.
- The server version can now be faked to work around dated applications that require a particular version string - MDEV-7780
- slave_parallel_workers is now an alias for slave_parallel_threads.
- New status variables com_alter_user, com_multi and com_show_create_user.
- New variable for setting a directory for storing temporary non-tablespace InnoDB files, innodb_tmpdir.
- New variable read_binlog_speed_limit permits restricting the speed at which the slave reads the binlog from the master - MDEV-11064.
- Continuous binary log backup has been added to mysqlbinlog - MDEV-8713.
- mysql_zap and mysqlbug have been removed - MDEV-7376, MDEV-8654.
- "fast mutexes" have been removed. These aren't faster than normal mutexes, and have been disabled by default for years - MDEV-8111.
List of all MariaDB 10.2 releases
|24 Dec 2016||MariaDB 10.2.3||Beta||Release Notes||Changelog|
|27 Sep 2016||MariaDB 10.2.2||Beta||Release Notes||Changelog|
|4 Jul 2016||MariaDB 10.2.1||Alpha||Release Notes||Changelog|
|18 Apr 2016||MariaDB 10.2.0||Alpha||Release Notes||Changelog|