What is MariaDB 5.2?
|30 Jan 2013||MariaDB 5.2.14||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|29 Nov 2012||MariaDB 5.2.13||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|6 Apr 2012||MariaDB 5.2.12||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|2 Apr 2012||MariaDB 5.2.11||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|5 Dec 2011||MariaDB 5.2.10||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|22 Sep 2011||MariaDB 5.2.9||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|18 Aug 2011||MariaDB 5.2.8||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|14 Jun 2011||MariaDB 5.2.7||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|12 May 2011||MariaDB 5.2.6||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|3 Mar 2011||MariaDB 5.2.5||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|6 Dec 2010||MariaDB 5.2.4||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|10 Nov 2010||MariaDB 5.2.3||Stable (GA)||Release Notes||Changelog|
|28 Sep 2010||MariaDB 5.2.2||Release Candidate||Release Notes||Changelog|
|18 Jun 2010||MariaDB 5.2.1||Beta||Release Notes||Changelog|
|10 Apr 2010||MariaDB 5.2.0||Beta||Release Notes||Changelog|
The new features in 5.2 are quite isolated and as most have been in use by members in the MySQL community for a long time. Current versions of MariaDB 5.2 are stable and can be downloaded from http://downloads.askmonty.org.
New storage engines
- Allows you to handle hierarchies (tree structures) and complex graphs (nodes having many connections in several directions)
- SphinxSE: Text search within MariaDB.
- A built-in Sphinx client which allows MariaDB to talk to searchd, run search queries, and obtain search results.
- Virtual columns
- Columns that are an expression and are calculated on retrieval.
- Extended User Statistics
- Client, User, Index and Table statistics.
- Segmented MyISAM key cache
- The key cache's global mutex is split into several mutex which gives a notable speed improvement under multi user load. We have registered up to 250% more performance thanks to this.
- Pluggable Authentication
- Authentication is done via an extensible plugin, which makes it easy to add any kind of authentication to MariaDB.
- Storage-engine-specific CREATE TABLE
- Allows one to specify additional attributes per field, index or table to the storage engine.
- Enhancements to INFORMATION SCHEMA.PLUGINS table
- We expose more information about the plugins, like maturity levels.
- Group commit for the Aria engine.
- Speeds up multi user inserts.
We have also done several smaller speed improvements, bug fixes and code cleanups.
Security Vulnerabilities Fixed in MariaDB 5.2
For a complete list of security vulnerabilities (CVEs) fixed across all versions of MariaDB, see the Security Vulnerabilities Fixed in MariaDB page.
- CVE-2013-1531: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2013-0389: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2013-0385: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2013-0384: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2013-0383: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2013-0375: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2012-5627: MariaDB 5.2.14 
- CVE-2012-5615: MariaDB 5.2.14 
- CVE-2012-5612: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2012-5611: MariaDB 5.2.14, MariaDB 5.2.13
- CVE-2012-4414: MariaDB 5.2.13 
- CVE-2012-1705: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2012-1702: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2012-0574: MariaDB 5.2.14
- CVE-2012-0572: MariaDB 5.2.14