The SkySQL® Cloud Data Suite Agreement is, like any set of terms and conditions, written in legalese. But what does it really say, in broad strokes?
While the legalese terms and conditions constitute the valid agreement, I think it’s a good idea to condense some key thoughts into plain English. So here goes:
- We give you the right to remotely access our SkySQL Cloud Data Suite and use it to configure and download the MariaDB database for your use on your own Amazon AWS account.
- We provide you with a 30-day trial license to use MONyog.
- Although you need to have your own AWS account, we don’t need access to any of your data.
- If you ask for the SkySQL Cloud Data Suite to automatically download your configured MariaDB dbms, we won’t store your AWS credentials.
- Downloaded software is made available to you under the license terms of the underlying software (usually GPLv2).
- Subscription support services are separately available for your downloaded dbms.
- The SkySQL Cloud Data Suite in its present shape is free of charge, so SkySQL makes no representations or warranties.
Translating any Ts&Cs from legalese to plain text is somewhat lossy compression, but hopefully helpful.
Conclusion: Launch your 100% MySQL-compatible cloud database today, the technology is free to use (see Ts&Cs translation above). All you need is an AWS user account.