This page contains general guidelines and procedures for contributing code. If you have any questions we invite you to ask on the maria-developers mailing list, on our Zulip instance at https://mariadb.zulipchat.com, or on the #maria IRC channel on Freenode. Other email lists and places to find MariaDB can be found here.
General information about contributing to MariaDB (for developers and non-developers) is found on the Contributing to the MariaDB Project page.
Finding Development Projects to Work on
There are many open development projects for MariaDB which you can contribute to (in addition to any ideas you may have yourself).
- We are using JIRA to manage the MariaDB project. Go to https://jira.mariadb.org and click on "Projects" to get to the MariaDB project. Browse around the unresolved and unassigned issues to see if there is something that interests you. Some issues have sponsors and you can be paid for doing them!
- A list of beginner friendly tasks is also available.
- Join maria-developers and write to the maria-developers \at\ lists.launchpad.net list and ask for suggestions of tasks you could do. Please include your programming experience and your knowledge of the MariaDB source and how much you know about using MySQL/MariaDB with the email so that we know which tasks we can suggest to you.
- If this is your first project, check out the Suggested Development page. It lists projects that will make a good start.
- Join MariaDB's Zulip instance at https://mariadb.zulipchat.com and ask for suggestions.
If you have your own ideas, please submit them to JIRA so other MariaDB developers can comment on them and suggest how to implement them. You can of course also use the maria-developers list for this.