MariaDB Connector/C 3.0.2 Release notes
Release date: 20 July 2017
This is a Stable (GA) release of the MariaDB Connector/C, formerly known as MariaDB Client Library for C.
For a description of this library see the MariaDB Connector/C page.
- Array support for prepared statements (bulk operations)
- TLS/SSL support for GnuTLS, Windows SChannel and LibreSSL
- Support for passphrase protected keys
- SHA256 authentication plugin
New API functions
- mariadb_get_info and mariadb_get_infov (variable argument list): for obtaining general and connection specific values.
- mariadb_get_charset_by_name and mariadb_get_charset_by_nr: returns character set information for a given internal number or name of character set. These functions have been previously used internally by MariaDB Connector/ODBC and are now exported, so they can be used also within plugins.
- mysql_reconnect which was used internally before (if the option MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT was set) is now part of the API and can be used by applications and plugins to reestablish a failing connection
- mariadb_cancel: aborts a connection immediately by making all subsequent read/write operations fail
- mariadb_stmt_execute_direct: prepares and executes a prepared statement for one time execution
- mysql_stmt_warning_count returns: the number of warnings from the last executed statement
- mysql_reset_connection: resets the current connection and clears session state
- Functions for obtaining session state changes:
Notable Bug fixes
- MDEV-13317: Crash in PHP5 when using libmariadb and curl mpdules
- MDEV-13320: Wrong output for mariadb_config on OSX
- MDEV-12889: Missing version info for shared object
- MDEV-12965: Connector/C reads only the first configuration file
- MDEV-13100: Can't read custom config file
- MDEV-12423: Install fails to create symlinks
- MDEV-13040: mariadb_stmt.h contains c++ comments
- MDEV-12763: Don't use deprecated API calls with OpenSSL 1.1
- MDEV-12247: Server does not respond for single query execution
- MDEV-12446: double free if no default configuration is present
- MDEV-11708: cmake with option -DWITH_ASAN no longer works
- MDEV-11008: Connector/C integration does not respect INSTALL_LIBDIR or INSTALL_DOCDIR
- MDEV-10894: Fixed conversion for big-endian platforms
- CONC-252: Use unsigned long instead of size_t for api functions
- CONC-265: Big endian fixes
- CONC-253: Compiler warnings in gssapi_client.c
- CONC-250: Added support for wildcards and SAN
- CONC-231: Incorrect FSF address
- CONC-224: Allow to build without TLS support
- CONC-223: Added missing collations
- CONC-222: Installation fixes for missing include files
For a list of changes made in this release, with links to detailed information on each push, see the changelog.
Be notified of new MariaDB Server releases automatically by subscribing to the MariaDB Foundation community announce 'at' lists.mariadb.org announcement list (this is a low traffic, announce-only list). MariaDB plc customers will be notified for all new releases, security issues and critical bug fixes for all MariaDB plc products thanks to the Notification Services.
MariaDB may already be included in your favorite OS distribution. More information can be found on the Distributions which Include MariaDB page.